TikTok for Business offers tools that allow businesses to share the events on their website with TikTok. TikTok Events API is designed to give our advertisers a more reliable connection between TikTok and advertiser’s marketing data (servers, website, app, or CRM) while also providing the flexibility for advertisers to customize the information they share with TikTok. Sharing these events with TikTok helps marketing teams measure ad performance on TikTok, optimize ad delivery, and create targeted audiences. This guide explains how to set-up TikTok Events API specifically for websites to track first-party data for web.
Website data source is the most common event source that can be used to track user actions on the website. Website data source tracks user actions and hashed user data which can be sent to multiple types of data destinations such as Ad platforms for targetting and campaign optimization, analytics, and marketing automation tools.
TikTok Web Events API destination is set up using a Pixel ID that can be created or is available in TikTok Ads Manager interface, which is part of TikTok for Business account. The API is authenticated using an access token which can be generated using Login with TikTok SSO flow provided by Datahash or manually from the pixel settings available in TikTok Ads Manager.
- Datahash account login with Website source and TikTok Web Events API destinations connectors enabled
- Access to Domain Manager of your website domain for setting up a new sub-domain
- Access to Google Tag Manager or website code to implement the website tags
- TikTok Ads Manager access through TikTok for Business account with access to Pixel set-up on the business website
This document will guide you through the implementation of TikTok web Events API through your website as a data source.
Implementation of TikTok web Events API includes the following three steps:
- Step 1: Set-up sub-domain for first party cookies
- Step 2: Set-up your website as a data source for Web events
- Step 3: Set up TikTok Web Events API Destination